The deadline for abstract submission has been extended until 31st May 2021.
This is for the electronic version of the poster, that will be made to a pdf, that is available through the webpage/app or USB stick for conference participants along with the extended abstracts.
The physical poster will be brought to Bordeaux by the presenter.
Oral Extended Abstracts
Individuals who submit an oral submission of extended abstract by May 31, 2021 will have a time slot reserved for their presentations.
The deadline for oral abstract feedback will be August 30, 2021 with final corrections due October 7, 2021.
Individuals who have prepared a one-page abstract and would like to be considered for oral presentation need to turn in submissions by May 31, 2021. In the event there are time slots remaining, we will contact you to schedule an oral presentation.
Individuals who would like to offer a poster submission need to submit their work by August 31, 2021. The deadline for poster feedback is October 15, 2021, with final submissions due electronically by November 15, 2021. Presenters are required to bring their final, physical posters to the conference.
Abstracts submission template
Download the Abstract Submission Template
Key Dates and Deadlines
|Abstract Submission||30th October 2020|
|Oral and extended abstract (20 min):|
|Oral Submission of extended abstract||31st May 2021|
|Feedback from committee||30th August 2021|
|Final correction||7th October 2021|
|Oral and full publication (30min):|
|Submission of extended abstract||31st May 2021|
|Feedback from committee||31st of August 2021|
|Final correction||7th October 2021|
|Submission of publication after the conference||TBD|
|Submission||31st August 2021|
|Feedback from committee||15th October 2021|
|Final submission||15th November 2021|
Guidelines for Abstracts Submission
We kindly invite you to submit your abstract for the 12th ISAA conference in Bordeaux, 2021.
Scientific papers on the topics below are encouraged; however, all submissions are welcome and will be considered.
- Methods and models for the understanding of adjuvant mode of action
- Biological Performance
- Methodologies & solutions for a sustainable agrochemical industry
- Additives to lower risk assessment & environmental impact (e.g. rain fastness, leaching, spray drift etc.)
- Adjuvants and formulations for bio-pesticides and bio-control agents
- Novel additives and formulations for Agrochemicals
- Future trends in adjuvants research (e.g. Precision farming, pest management, seed treatment, Big Data, AI etc.)
The deadline for submitting an abstract is March 1st 2020. The first abstract shouldn’t exceed one page using the preselected font in the template. Submissions are made by sending the template to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are three types of presentations / publications that can be selected – please indicate your preferred presentation in the template:
- 30 minutes oral presentation and submission of an extended abstract (3 pages) according to the deadlines listed on the website + a full publication in Pest Management Science (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/15264998) after the conference for a special edition covering ISAA 2021. As well as a longer presentation (30 minutes), you are guaranteed not to present on the last day and you’ll have the academic benefit of your research being published in the highest rated journal for pest control and pesticides in the category of Life sciences.
- 20 minutes oral presentation and submission of an extended abstract (3 pages) according to the deadlines below.
- Poster presentation and submission of poster according to deadlines below.
To ensure a high level of scientific quality all abstracts, extended abstracts, posters and full publication will be peer reviewed by the scientific committee or by peer reviewers from Pest Management Science (in case of full publications). Since the slots for oral presentations are limited and the number of submissions might exceed the number of slots, decisions will be made based on scientific content, the fit of the content to the program and novelty of the investigation. For full description see the author instructions file.
Also new for the conference in 2020 are student and poster awards in memory of David Stock, Syngenta Fellow and a longtime supporter of the ISAA conference. Syngenta has kindly contributed with:
- Three awards of 500 Euro each for The David Stock ISAA Student awards. To be eligible for the award you should currently be conducting research studies at a university. The award will be awarded based on scientific content. A letter of recommendation from a supervisor involved in the research project will be beneficial and should be submitted along with the abstract. All winners will have a presentation slot at the David Stock Session at the symposium.
- Three individual awards of 300, 200 and 100 Euros for The David Stock ISAA Poster Awards: for a poster presented at the conference. A jury will make their suggestions and the award will be announced at The David Stock Session at the 2020 symposium.